Senior Living in 14486 (Linwood, NY)
- 14486 scores the same as the Linwood, NY average of 75.
- 14486 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14486 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including South Street Senior Care, Leroy Village Green , and Avon Nursing & Rehabilitation.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 73 golf courses nearby, including Davis Countryside Meadows, Caledonia Country Club, and Le Roy Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Gravel Ponds Sport Fishing and Mount Morris Dam & Recreation Area).
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Pavilion United Meth Church, St Columbus St Patrick Church, and Caledonia Assembly of God.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.00% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $84,590, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,333, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,216, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 18.66%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14486 has a very sparse population density of 54.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.06%.