Senior Living in 14489 (Lyons, NY)
- 14489 scores the same as the Lyons, NY average of 66.
- 14489 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14489 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Newark-wayne Community Hospital, Via Hlth Wayne-newark Comm Hsp, and Via Hlth-myers Comm Hospital.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Wayne County Nursing Home and Rehab Center, Newark Manor , and DeMay Living Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Wayne Hills Country Club, Taranwould Golf Course, and Newark Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Zurich Bog)..
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Assembly of God of Lyons, First Lutheran Church, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,823, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,408, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,811, which is in the top 66% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.71%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14489 has a sparse population density of 106.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.37%.