Senior Living in 14502 (Macedon, NY)
- 14502 scores the same as the Macedon, NY average of 77.
- 14502 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14502 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 42 senior living facilities in the area, including Parkwood Heights, St John\'s Penfield Green House Homes, and Fairport Baptist Homes.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 81 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 61 golf courses nearby, including Crooked Pines Golf Club, Blue Heron Hills Country Club, and Island Valley Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including White Haven Memorial Park, Shadow Lake, and Hill Cumorah Visitors Center.
- There are 61 churches nearby, including New Life Bible Church C & MA, St Patrick\'s Church, and Macedon Center United Meth Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,494, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,878, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,638, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.52%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14502 has a sparse population density of 286.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.20%.