Senior Living in 14505 (Marion, NY)
- 14505 scores the same as the Marion, NY average of 71.
- 14505 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 14505 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Newark-wayne Community Hospital, Via Hlth Wayne-newark Comm Hsp, and Via Hlth-myers Comm Hospital.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Marion Community Residence, Newark Manor , and DeMay Living Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Greystone Golf Club, Taranwould Golf Course, and Newark Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Zurich Bog)..
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Second Reformed Church, United Church of Marion, and Williamson Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,148, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,415, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,793, which is in the top 37% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.75%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14505 has a sparse population density of 136.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.48%.