Senior Living in 14506 (Mendon, NY)
- 14506 scores the same as the Mendon, NY average of 81.
- 14506 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14506 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in the area, including Bridges of Mendon, Brookdale Pittsford, and Brookdale Pittsford.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 59 golf courses nearby, including Locust Hill Country Club, Monroe Golf Club, and Cobblestone Creek Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Mendon Ponds County Park and White Haven Memorial Park).
- There are 36 churches nearby, including St Catherine of Siena, St Mark Lutheran Church, and Church of the Transfiguration.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.67% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $119,081, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $104,327, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,084, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.84%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 14506 has a sparse population density of 459.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 99.48%.