Senior Living in 14507 (Middlesex, NY)
- 14507 scores the same as the Middlesex, NY average of 72.
- 14507 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14507 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (F F Thompson Hospital and Veterans Affairs Med Center).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Penn Yan Manor Nursing Home , The Homestead at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital, and Ferris Hills at West Lake.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Majestic Hills Golf Course, Reservoir Creek Golf Course, and Center Pointe Golf & Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including RMSC Cumming Nature Center, 1795 Acorn Inn Bed and Breakfast, and Keuka Lake State Park.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Trinity Federated Church, St Januarius Church, and Tyrrell James F.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.28% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.12% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,493, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,750, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,733, which is in the top 48% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.52%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14507 has a very sparse population density of 41.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.65%.