Senior Living in 14516 (North Rose, NY)
- 14516 scores the same as the North Rose, NY average of 70.
- 14516 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14516 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Via Hlth-myers Comm Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Blossom View Nursing Home, Wayne County Nursing Home and Rehab Center, and Newark Manor .
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Port Bay Golf Club, Sodus Bay Heights Golf Club, and Wayne Hills Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Lake Bluff Campground, Chimney Bluffs State Park, and Zurich Bog.
- There are 16 churches nearby, including North Rose United Methodist, Faith United Methodist Church, and Clyde United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,541, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,025, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,047, which is in the top 46% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.36%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14516 has a very sparse population density of 83.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.50%.