Senior Living in 14521 (Ovid, NY)
- 14521 scores the same as the Ovid, NY average of 59.
- 14521 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14521 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Clinton Crest Manor, The Homestead at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital, and Penn Yan Manor Nursing Home .
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Bonavista State Golf Club, Wells College Golf Course, and Lakeside Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Bonavista, Long Point State Park, and Sampson State Park.
- There are 2 churches nearby (World Council of Independent Christian Churches and St Patrick\'s Church).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.80% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,879, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,139, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,099, which is in the top 75% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.86%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14521 has a very sparse population density of 73.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.29%.