Senior Living in 14527 (Penn Yan, NY)
- 14527 scores the same as the Penn Yan, NY average of 64.
- 14527 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14527 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Soldiers And Sailors Memorial Hospital Of Yates).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Penn Yan Manor Nursing Home , The Homestead at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital, and Clinton Crest Manor.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Lakeside Country Club, Bonavista State Golf Club, and Seneca Lake Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Keuka Lake State Park, Sampson State Park, and Bonavista.
- There is 1 church nearby (United Methodist Church)..
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.28% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.12% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,914, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,829, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,440, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.04%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14527 has a very sparse population density of 94.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.08%.