Senior Living in 14532 (Phelps, NY)
- 14532 scores the same as the Phelps, NY average of 77.
- 14532 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14532 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Clifton Springs Hospital And Clinic, Newark-wayne Community Hospital, and Via Hlth Wayne-newark Comm Hsp.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Clifton Springs Nursing Home, Ashton Place, and Ashton Place Senior Living.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Clifton Springs Country Club, Silver Creek Golf Course, and Taranwould Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Geneva Recreation Complex and Seneca Lake State Park).
- There are 21 churches nearby, including United Church of Phelps, United Methodist Church, and St Felix\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.69% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,740, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,079, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,265, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.02%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14532 has a sparse population density of 109.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.51%.