Senior Living in 14541 (Romulus, NY)
- 14541 scores the same as the Romulus, NY average of 65.
- 14541 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14541 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Geneva General Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Seneca Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Finger Lakes Health, and Seneca Falls Community Residence.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Bonavista State Golf Club, Wells College Golf Course, and Geneva Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Sampson State Park, Bonavista, and Long Point State Park.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including World Council of Independent Christian Churches, St Patrick\'s Church, and St Peters Episcopal Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.80% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,420, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,445, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,956, which is in the top 89% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.44%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14541 has a very sparse population density of 83.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 69.80%.