Senior Living in 14543 (Rush, NY)
- 14543 scores the same as the Rush, NY average of 85.
- 14543 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14543 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Strong Memorial Hospital).
- There are 38 senior living facilities in the area, including The Horizon Group - Rochester Location, New! Pinehurst, and Pinehurst.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 77 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 68 golf courses nearby, including Southern Meadows Par Four, Wild Wood Country Club, and Riverton Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Mendon Ponds County Park, Harvest Moon Hydroponics, and Gravel Ponds Sport Fishing.
- There are 53 churches nearby, including Rush United Methodist Church, St Joseph\'s Church of Rush, and St Mark Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.67% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $108,469, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $88,326, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,582, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.18%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 14543 has a sparse population density of 125.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.26%.