Senior Living in 14544 (Rushville, NY)
- 14544 scores the same as the Rushville, NY average of 76.
- 14544 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14544 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including F F Thompson Hospital, Veterans Affairs Med Center, and Soldiers And Sailors Memorial Hospital Of Yates.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Ferris Hills at West Lake, M. M. Ewing Continuing Care Center, and Quail Summit.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including VA Medical Center Golf Course, Canandaigua Country Club, and Center Pointe Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including 1795 Acorn Inn Bed and Breakfast, Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park, and RMSC Cumming Nature Center.
- There are 14 churches nearby, including United Methodist Church, St John\'s Episcopal Church, and Crosswinds Wesleyan Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.28% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.12% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,668, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,509, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,296, which is in the top 50% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.64%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14544 has a very sparse population density of 74.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.85%.