Senior Living in 14545 (Scottsburg, NY)
- 14545 scores the same as the Scottsburg, NY average of 76.
- 14545 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14545 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Nicholas H Noyes Memorial Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Seniors Helping Seniors, Morgan Estates Assisted Living Community, and Livingston County Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Conesus Golf Club, Eagle\'s Landing Golf Club, and Keshequa Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Conesus Lake Campground, Holiday Hill Campground, and Harriet Hollister Spencer Recreation Area.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Dansville Presbyterian Church, St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, and Candace United Methodist Ch.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.00% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,341, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,231, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,424, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14545 has a sparse population density of 120.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.66%.