Senior Living in 14548 (Shortsville, NY)
- 14548 scores the same as the Shortsville, NY average of 80.
- 14548 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14548 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Clifton Springs Hospital And Clinic, F F Thompson Hospital, and Veterans Affairs Med Center.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Ontario Arc, Ashton Place, and Ashton Place Senior Living.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 51 golf courses nearby, including Winged Pheasant Golf Links, Clifton Springs Country Club, and Crooked Pines Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Hill Cumorah Visitors Center, Canandaigua / Rochester KOA, and Boom Towne Canine Campus.
- There are 33 churches nearby, including Presbyterian Church, St Dominic\'s Rectory, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.69% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,217, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,632, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,432, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.52%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14548 has a sparse population density of 141.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.46%.