Senior Living in 14571 (Waterport, NY)
- 14571 scores the same as the Waterport, NY average of 72.
- 14571 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14571 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Medina Memorial Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including The Villages of Orleans Health and Rehab Center, Orchard Manor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Orleans Community Health Skilled Nursing Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Harbour Pointe Country Club, White Birch Golf Course, and Ricci Meadows Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Lakeside State Park, Oak Orchard Marine Park, and Medina / Wildwood Lake KOA.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Lyndonville United Methodist, Yates Baptist Church, and St Joseph\'s Roman Catholic Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.12% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,137, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,850, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,466, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.13%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14571 has a very sparse population density of 64.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.90%.