Senior Living in 14585 (West Bloomfield, NY)
- 14585 scores the same as the West Bloomfield, NY average of 72.
- 14585 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14585 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including New! Pinehurst, Pinehurst, and Ontario Arc Bloomfield Comm.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (59% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Island Oaks Course at Lima Golf & Country Club, Country Club of Mendon, and Old Hickory Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Miller Donna J, Elim Gospel Church, and United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.69% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $35,256, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,903, which is in the top 80% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,607, which is in the top 38% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 30.23%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14585 has a dense population density of 2,400.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.89%.