Senior Living in 14590 (Wolcott, NY)
- 14590 scores the same as the Wolcott, NY average of 61.
- 14590 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14590 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Via Hlth-myers Comm Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Blossom View Nursing Home and Meadowbrook Manor)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Port Bay Golf Club, Sodus Bay Heights Golf Club, and Springbrook Greens Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Lake Bluff Campground, Chimney Bluffs State Park, and Lake Shore Marshes Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Faith United Methodist Church, North Rose United Methodist, and Red Creek United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,737, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,580, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,548, which is in the top 61% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.25%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14590 has a very sparse population density of 80.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.38%.