Senior Living in 14591 (Wyoming, NY)
- 14591 scores the same as the Wyoming, NY average of 74.
- 14591 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14591 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Wyoming County Community Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Wyoming County Community Hospital S N F, The Cloisters, and East Side Nursing Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Davis Countryside Meadows, Hidden Acres Executive Golf, and Hidden Acres Executive Golf.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Silver Lake State Park and Hidden Valley Animal Adventure).
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Pavilion United Meth Church, United Church of Warsaw, and Baptist Church of Perry.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,257, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,750, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,695, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.47%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14591 has a very sparse population density of 43.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.49%.