Senior Living in 14606 (Rochester, NY)
- 14606 has a SeniorScore® of 70, which is the 10th highest of any zip code in Rochester, NY.
- 14606 scores higher than the Rochester, NY average of 69.
- 14606 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14606 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Unity Hospital Of Rochester, Rochester General Hospital, and Strong Memorial Hospital.
- There are 47 senior living facilities in the area, including Park Ridge Living Center, Wegman Family Cottages , The Villages at Unity, and Brookdale West Side Rochester.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 140 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Ridgemont Country Club, Brook-Lea Country Club, and Durand Eastman Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Edgerton Community Center and Park, Genesee Valley Park, and Martin Luther King Jr Memorial Park at Manhattan Square.
- There are 119 churches nearby, including Holy Apostles Church, Most Precious Blood Church, and Gates Wesleyan Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.67% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,640, which is in the top 77% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,167, which is in the top 75% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,212, which is in the top 75% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.95%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 14606 has a dense population density of 2,904.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.92%.