Senior Living in 14615 (Rochester, NY)
- 14615 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the 9th highest of any zip code in Rochester, NY.
- 14615 scores higher than the Rochester, NY average of 69.
- 14615 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 14615 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Unity Hospital Of Rochester, Rochester General Hospital, and Genesee Hospital.
- There are 49 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookdale West Side Rochester, Hamilton Manor , and Atria Greece.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 159 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Ridgemont Country Club, Durand Eastman Golf Course, and Latta Lea Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Edgerton Community Center and Park, Martin Luther King Jr Memorial Park at Manhattan Square, and Durand Eastman Golf Course.
- There are 134 churches nearby, including Wesley United Methodist Church, Redeemer Lutheran Church, and Grace United Methodist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.67% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,013, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,749, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,434, which is in the top 68% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.68%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 14615 has a dense population density of 2,786.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.88%.