Senior Living in 14621 (Rochester, NY)
- 14621 has a SeniorScore® of 54, which is the 23th highest of any zip code in Rochester, NY.
- 14621 scores significantly lower than the Rochester, NY average of 69.
- 14621 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14621 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Rochester General Hospital).
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including Ibero Senior Family Center, New ROC Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and The Baird Nursing Home.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Durand Eastman Golf Course, Country Club of Rochester, and Shadow Pines Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Edgerton Community Center and Park)..
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Breath of Life Sda Church, Calvary Bible Baptist Church, and Our Lady of Perpetual Help.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.67% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $34,010, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $22,803, which is in the top 97% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $13,684, which is in the top 95% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.89%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 14621 has a very dense population density of 8,198.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 67.24%.