Senior Living in 14624 (Rochester, NY)
- 14624 has a SeniorScore® of 74, which is the 6th highest of any zip code in Rochester, NY.
- 14624 scores higher than the Rochester, NY average of 69.
- 14624 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14624 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Strong Memorial Hospital and Unity Hospital Of Rochester).
- There are 39 senior living facilities in the area, including Westgate Nursing Home, Cottage Grove In Chili, and Westwood Commons - A De Paul Senior Living Community.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 104 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Brook-Lea Country Club, Buttonwood Golf Course, and Pinewood Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Black Creek Park, Genesee Valley Park, and Harvest Moon Hydroponics.
- There are 67 churches nearby, including St Helen\'s Catholic Church, First Baptist Church in Chili, and Holy Ghost Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.67% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,462, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,253, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,880, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.84%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 14624 has an average population density of 1,299.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.49%.