Senior Living in 14706 (Allegany, NY)
- 14706 scores the same as the Allegany, NY average of 72.
- 14706 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14706 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Olean General Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Absolut Care of Allegany, Eden Heights, and The Pines Healthcare and Rehab Center - Olean Campus.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including St. Bonaventure Golf Course, Birch Run Country Club, and Castle Inn Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Oak Hill Park, Rock City Park, and Riverhurst Park Campground.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Elwell Charles W, MT Zion Christian Assembly, and G & C Counter Tops.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.11% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,972, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,350, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,397, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.13%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 14706 has a very sparse population density of 80.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.95%.