Senior Living in 14712 (Bemus Point, NY)
- 14712 scores the same as the Bemus Point, NY average of 80.
- 14712 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14712 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Woman\'s Christian Association).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Heritage Green Rehab & Skilled Nursing , Heritage Village Rehab and Skilled Nursing, Inc., and Bergquist Memorial at Heritage.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Bemus Point Golf Club, The Hill Course at Chautauqua Golf Club, and Sunset Valley Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Wildwood Acres Campground, Long Point State Park, and Midway State Park.
- There are 38 churches nearby, including Bemus Point United Methodist, St Timothy Lutheran Church, and Hurlbut Memorial Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,430, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,321, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,526, which is in the top 38% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.45%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14712 has a sparse population density of 128.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.69%.