Senior Living in 14714 (Black Creek, NY)
- 14714 scores the same as the Black Creek, NY average of 65.
- 14714 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14714 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Cuba Memorial Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Cuba Memorial Hospital and Absolut Care Houghton)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Allegheny Hills Golf Course, East Course at Six-S Golf Course, and Ischua Valley Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Caneadea Historic Bridge, Moss Lake, and Six-S Golf Course.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Obi Community Church, First Baptist Church, and United Methodist Church-Cuba.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,263, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,083, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,262, which is in the top 74% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.17%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14714 has a very sparse population density of 26.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.75%.