Senior Living in 14722 (Chautauqua, NY)
- 14722 scores the same as the Chautauqua, NY average of 73.
- 14722 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14722 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Absolut Center For Nursing and Rehab Westfield LLC and Heritage Green Rehab & Skilled Nursing )
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (84% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including The Hill Course at Chautauqua Golf Club, Chautauqua Point Golf & Racquetball Center, and Willow Run Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Camp Onyahsa, Midway State Park, and Chautauqua Lake KOA.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including United Church of Christ, Hurlbut Memorial Church, and Mayville United Methodist.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,985, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,365, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,723, which is in the top 77% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.89%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14722 has a sparse population density of 462.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.