Senior Living in 14729 (East Otto, NY)
- 14729 scores the same as the East Otto, NY average of 67.
- 14729 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14729 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Bertrand Chaffee Hospital and Tlc Health Network).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Fiddlers Green Manor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Jennie B Richmond Chaffee Nursing Home , and Grand Meadows Senior Living.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Springville Country Club, Gowanda Country Club, and Holiday Valley Resort.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Griffis Sculpture Park, Allegany Mountain Resort at Rainbow Lake, and Zoar Valley MUA.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Saint Frances Cabrinin Rc Chr, Salem Lutheran Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.11% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,192, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,760, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,980, which is in the top 76% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.04%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 14729 has a very sparse population density of 26.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.15%.