Senior Living in 14731 (Ellicottville, NY)
- 14731 scores the same as the Ellicottville, NY average of 66.
- 14731 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14731 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including The Pines - Machias Campus , Absolut Care Salamanca , and Fiddlers Green Manor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (41% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Holiday Valley Resort, Ischua Valley Country Club, and Birch Run Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Allegany Mountain Resort at Rainbow Lake, Griffis Sculpture Park, and Shamrock Pines Campground.
- There is 1 church nearby (First Baptist Church)..
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.11% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,007, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,500, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,348, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.37%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14731 has a very sparse population density of 34.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.94%.