Senior Living in 14735 (Fillmore, NY)
- 14735 scores the same as the Fillmore, NY average of 61.
- 14735 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14735 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Absolut Care Houghton).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Rolling Acres Golf Course, East Course at Six-S Golf Course, and Woodlynn Hills Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Camping At Mariposa Ponds, Caneadea Historic Bridge, and Moss Lake.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church of Hume, Houghton Wesleyan Church, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,779, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,661, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,305, which is in the top 80% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.47%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14735 has a very sparse population density of 33.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.97%.