Senior Living in 14739 (Friendship, NY)
- 14739 scores the same as the Friendship, NY average of 61.
- 14739 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14739 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Cuba Memorial Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Cuba Memorial Hospital , Wellsville Manor Care Center, and Highland Park Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Allegheny Hills Golf Course, East Course at Six-S Golf Course, and Evergreen Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Breezy Point Campground and Six-S Golf Course).
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Friendship Church of God, United Methodist Church-Cuba, and Obi Community Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,539, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,973, which is in the top 75% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,467, which is in the top 84% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.92%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14739 has a very sparse population density of 36.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.66%.