Senior Living in 14743 (Hinsdale, NY)
- 14743 scores the same as the Hinsdale, NY average of 67.
- 14743 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14743 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Cuba Memorial Hospital and Olean General Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Cuba Memorial Hospital , Aspen Tower, and Absolut Care of Allegany.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Allegheny Hills Golf Course, Birch Run Country Club, and Bartlett Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Oak Hill Park, Shamrock Pines Campground, and Riverhurst Park Campground.
- There are 12 churches nearby, including Hinsdale United Methodist Chr, United Methodist Church-Cuba, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.11% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,427, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,991, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,126, which is in the top 85% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.29%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 14743 has a very sparse population density of 41.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.77%.