Senior Living in 14747 (Kennedy, NY)
- 14747 scores the same as the Kennedy, NY average of 77.
- 14747 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14747 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Woman\'s Christian Association).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Chautauqua County Group Home, Randolph Manor Home For Adults, and Lutheran.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Breezewood Golf Links, Cardinal Hills Golf Course, and Forest Heights Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Roger Tory Peterson Institute and Homestead Park Campground).
- There are 36 churches nearby, including Levant Wesleyan Church, Our Lady of Loreto Parish, and Bethlehem Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,122, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,889, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,237, which is in the top 69% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.22%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14747 has a very sparse population density of 52.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.41%.