Senior Living in 14748 (Kill Buck, NY)
- 14748 scores the same as the Kill Buck, NY average of 68.
- 14748 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14748 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Olean General Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Absolut Care Salamanca , Absolut Care of Allegany, and Eden Heights.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Birch Run Country Club, St. Bonaventure Golf Course, and Holiday Valley Resort.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Shamrock Pines Campground, Oak Hill Park, and Allegany State Park.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Hinsdale United Methodist Chr, Elwell Charles W, and Grace Alliance Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.11% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,997, which is in the top 80% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,154, which is in the top 80% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,804, which is in the top 86% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 21.51%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14748 has a very sparse population density of 41.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.71%.