Senior Living in 14767 (Panama, NY)
- 14767 scores the same as the Panama, NY average of 66.
- 14767 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14767 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Corry Manor, The Woodlands, and Brookdale Lakewood.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Maplehurst Country Club, Sunset Valley Golf Course, and Bemus Point Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Harecreek Campground, Camp Chautauqua, and Long Point State Park.
- There are 12 churches nearby, including Panama United Methodist Church, Ashville United Methodist Chr, and St Matthias Catholic Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,210, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,393, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,533, which is in the top 83% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.54%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14767 has a very sparse population density of 39.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.87%.