Senior Living in 14770 (Portville, NY)
- 14770 scores the same as the Portville, NY average of 71.
- 14770 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 14770 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Olean General Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Aspen Tower, The Pines Healthcare and Rehab Center - Olean Campus, and Eden Heights.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 16 golf courses nearby, including Bartlett Country Club, Castle Inn Golf Course, and Evergreen Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Riverhurst Park Campground, Oak Hill Park, and Rock City Park.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Bethel Lutheran Church, Elwell Charles W, and MT Zion Christian Assembly.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.11% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,132, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,107, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,083, which is in the top 46% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.26%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14770 has a sparse population density of 100.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.73%.