Senior Living in 14781 (Sherman, NY)
- 14781 scores the same as the Sherman, NY average of 67.
- 14781 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14781 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Westfield Memorial Hospital, Inc).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Absolut Center For Nursing and Rehab Westfield LLC and Heritage House)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Willow Run Golf Course, Woodcrest Golf Course, and Chautauqua Point Golf & Racquetball Center.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Camp Chautauqua, Midway State Park, and Camp Onyahsa.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Abundant Life Seventh Church, St Mary\'s Catholic Church, and Mayville United Methodist.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,917, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,375, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,902, which is in the top 82% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.69%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14781 has a very sparse population density of 30.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.94%.