Senior Living in 14787 (Westfield, NY)
- 14787 scores the same as the Westfield, NY average of 65.
- 14787 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14787 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Westfield Memorial Hospital, Inc).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Absolut Center For Nursing and Rehab Westfield LLC).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Sugar Hill Golf Course, Pinehurst Golf Course, and Chautauqua Point Golf & Racquetball Center.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Westfield / Lake Erie KOA, Blue Water Beach Campground, and Camp Onyahsa.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including St James Catholic Church, United Methodist Church, and St Peter\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,430, which is in the top 77% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,020, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,669, which is in the top 66% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.99%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 14787 has a sparse population density of 121.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.82%.