Senior Living in 14801 (Addison, NY)
- 14801 scores the same as the Addison, NY average of 60.
- 14801 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14801 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookdale Painted Post, Colonial Square Senior Village, and Absolut Center For Nursing and Rehab Three Rivers LLC.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Pinnacle State Park Golf Course, Indian Hills Golf Club, and Corning Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Pinnacle State Park Lodge, Sunflower Acres Family Campground, and Erwin Mountain State Forest.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Addison United Methodist Church, Advancing Gospel In Angola, and Hall James E.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.13% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,233, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,300, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,884, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.83%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14801 has a very sparse population density of 50.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.20%.