Senior Living in 14803 (Alfred Station, NY)
- 14803 scores the same as the Alfred Station, NY average of 73.
- 14803 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14803 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St James Mercy Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Hornell Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation , City of Hornell Housing Authority, and McAuley Manor at Mercycare.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Twin Hickory Golf Club, Hornell Country Club, and Wellsville Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Almond Union of Churches, Abundante Life Ministries, and Holy Family Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,457, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,271, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,330, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.52%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14803 has a very sparse population density of 47.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.13%.