Senior Living in 14805 (Alpine, NY)
- 14805 scores the same as the Alpine, NY average of 76.
- 14805 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14805 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Schuyler Hospital, Inc).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Schuyler Hospital Seneca View Skilled Nursing Facility, Longview An Ithacare Community, and Brookdale Ithacaa.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Trumansburg Golf Club, Soaring Eagles Golf Course, and Watkins Glen Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Pinecreek Campground, Clute Park & Campground, and Watkins Glen Fire Station.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Breesport Baptist Church, St Mary Our Mother, and Maranatha Bible Chapel.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.77% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.28% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,016, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,508, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,324, which is in the top 56% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.27%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14805 has a very sparse population density of 39.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.18%.