Senior Living in 14808 (Atlanta, NY)
- 14808 scores the same as the Atlanta, NY average of 67.
- 14808 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14808 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Maryville Home For Adults).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Majestic Hills Golf Course, Reservoir Creek Golf Course, and Eagle\'s Landing Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Tumble Hill Campground, Holiday Hill Campground, and Harriet Hollister Spencer Recreation Area.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Cohocton Assemlby of God, Trinity Federated Church, and Tyrrell James F.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.13% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,970, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,304, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,549, which is in the top 67% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.14%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14808 has a sparse population density of 175.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.18%.