Senior Living in 14814 (Big Flats, NY)
- 14814 scores the same as the Big Flats, NY average of 85.
- 14814 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14814 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Corning Hospital and Arnot Ogden Medical Center).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Corning Center, First Street Community Residence, and Retirement Estates.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Pines/Bitter Creek Course at Willowcreek Golf Club, Mark Twain Golf Course, and Corning Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Big Flats Little League, Teal Park, and Eldridge Park.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Oakwood United Methodist Chr, Aebersold Ronald, and Aebersold Ronald Rev.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,375, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,431, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,762, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,475 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $134,868 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,920 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.46%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14814 has a sparse population density of 224.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.95%.