Senior Living in 14816 (Breesport, NY)
- 14816 scores the same as the Breesport, NY average of 85.
- 14816 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14816 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including St Joseph\'s Hospital, Inc, Elmira Psychiatric Center, and Arnot Ogden Medical Center.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Appleridge Senior Living, Bethany Nursing Home, and The Courtyards at Bethany Village.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Soaring Eagles Golf Course, Mark Twain Golf Course, and Elmira Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Teal Park, Eldridge Park, and Wisner Park.
- There are 34 churches nearby, including Breesport Baptist Church, St Mary Our Mother, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,562, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,643, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,296, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,475 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $134,868 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,920 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.52%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14816 has a sparse population density of 135.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.33%.