Senior Living in 14822 (Canaseraga, NY)
- 14822 scores the same as the Canaseraga, NY average of 72.
- 14822 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14822 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Nicholas H Noyes Memorial Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including McAuley Manor at Mercycare, City of Hornell Housing Authority, and Hornell Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation .
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Eagle\'s Landing Golf Club, Triple Creek Golf Club, and Woodlynn Hills Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Rattlesnake Hill State Wildlife Management Area, Jones Pond Campground & RV Park, and Sun Valley Campsites.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, Almond Union of Churches, and Abundante Life Ministries.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,570, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,017, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,884, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.43%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14822 has a very sparse population density of 23.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.68%.