Senior Living in 14825 (Chemung, NY)
- 14825 scores the same as the Chemung, NY average of 81.
- 14825 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14825 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including St Joseph\'s Hospital, Inc, Elmira Psychiatric Center, and Robert Packer Hospital.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Elderwood at Waverly, The Waterford at Woodbridge, and Sayre Health Care Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Chemung Golf Course, DJ\'s Golf Center Par 3, and Pinecroft Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Two Rivers, Gardner Hill Campground, and Newtown Battlefield State Park.
- There are 24 churches nearby, including United Methodist Church, St James Catholic Church, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,927, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,674, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,466, which is in the top 68% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,475 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $134,868 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,920 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.19%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 14825 has a very sparse population density of 54.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.75%.