Senior Living in 14830 (Corning, NY)
- 14830 scores the same as the Corning, NY average of 69.
- 14830 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14830 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Corning Hospital and Arnot Ogden Medical Center).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Corning Center, First Street Community Residence, and Absolut Center For Nursing and Rehab Three Rivers LLC.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Corning Country Club, Pines/Bitter Creek Course at Willowcreek Golf Club, and Indian Hills Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Big Flats Little League, Erwin Mountain State Forest, and Pinnacle State Park Lodge.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Whittaker Earl L, Aebersold Ronald Rev, and Boell Robert P.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.13% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,396, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,750, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,879, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.46%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14830 has a sparse population density of 220.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.48%.