Senior Living in 14836 (Dalton, NY)
- 14836 scores the same as the Dalton, NY average of 70.
- 14836 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 14836 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Nicholas H Noyes Memorial Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Absolut Care Houghton).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Woodlynn Hills Golf Course, Triple Creek Golf Club, and Eagle\'s Landing Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Rattlesnake Hill State Wildlife Management Area, Jones Pond Campground & RV Park, and Skybrook Campground.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church of Hume, St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, and Dansville Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.00% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,697, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,148, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,431, which is in the top 56% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.71%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14836 has a very sparse population density of 33.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.92%.