Senior Living in 14838 (Erin, NY)
- 14838 scores the same as the Erin, NY average of 81.
- 14838 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 14838 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including St Joseph\'s Hospital, Inc, Elmira Psychiatric Center, and Arnot Ogden Medical Center.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including The Waterford at Woodbridge, Appleridge Senior Living, and The Courtyards at Bethany Village.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Soaring Eagles Golf Course, Elmira Country Club, and Chemung Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Gardner Hill Campground, Teal Park, and Eldridge Park.
- There are 36 churches nearby, including Breesport Baptist Church, St Pius X Church, and St Casimir\'s Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,100, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,861, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,024, which is in the top 58% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,475 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $134,868 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,920 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.30%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14838 has a very sparse population density of 54.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.65%.