Senior Living in 14840 (Hammondsport, NY)
- 14840 scores the same as the Hammondsport, NY average of 71.
- 14840 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 14840 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Bath Va Medical Center and Ira Davenport Memorial Hospital, Inc).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Lake St Senior Apartments, Cairn Cottage, and IDMH - Fred & Harriett Taylor Health Center SNF.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (42% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Bath Country Club, Fox Run Golf Course, and Watkins Glen Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Bud Valley Campground and Keuka Lake State Park).
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Stetter Samuel A, St Mary\'s Rc Church, and Salvation Army Thrift Store.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.13% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,337, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,299, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,985, which is in the top 25% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.13%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 14840 has a very sparse population density of 52.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.81%.